Fall is in like a lion… another wet one in our temperature rain forest. It’s Kale season a wonderful super food. Once cup of Kale contains:
- Vitamin A: 206% of the RDA (from beta-carotene).
- Vitamin K: 684% of the RDA.
- Vitamin C: 134% of the RDA.
- Vitamin B6: 9% of the RDA.
- Manganese: 26% of the RDA.
- Calcium: 9% of the RDA.
- Copper: 10% of the RDA.
- Potassium: 9% of the RDA.
- Magnesium: 6% of the RDA.
- Then it contains 3% or more of the RDA for Vitamin B1 (Thiamin), Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin), Vitamin B3 (Niacin), Iron and Phosphorus
Kale is one of the most nutritionally dense foods that can dramatically boost up your nutrient intake perhaps a good addition to fight the cold season.
Wondering what to do with all that lovely green stuff here’s a recent favourite, been making a lot of this lately a yummy tummy warmer great for this wet weather check out this Coconut Chana Saag recipe
This week an order from Fresh Roots Urban Farm
veggies! Every week throughout the summer we will be getting hyper local, organic veggies grown on school sites throughout Vancouver.
Here is what to expect at the market this week: