Fall is in like a lion… another wet one in our temperature rain forest. It’s Kale season a wonderful super food. Once cup of Kale contains:
- Vitamin A: 206% of the RDA (from beta-carotene).
- Vitamin K: 684% of the RDA.
- Vitamin C: 134% of the RDA.
- Vitamin B6: 9% of the RDA.
- Manganese: 26% of the RDA.
- Calcium: 9% of the RDA.
- Copper: 10% of the RDA.
- Potassium: 9% of the RDA.
- Magnesium: 6% of the RDA.
- Then it contains 3% or more of the RDA for Vitamin B1 (Thiamin), Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin), Vitamin B3 (Niacin), Iron and Phosphorus
Kale is one of the most nutritionally dense foods that can dramatically boost up your nutrient intake perhaps a good addition to fight the cold season.
Wondering what to do with all that lovely green stuff here’s a recent favourite, been making a lot of this lately a yummy tummy warmer great for this wet weather check out this Coconut Chana Saag recipe
Here is what to expect at the market this week:
- Apples Royal Gala (BC)
- Avocados (Mex)
- Bananas (South America & Organic)
- Baby Bok Choy (BC)
- Carrots (BC)
- Cauliflower (Calif)
- Kabocha Squash (BC)
- Red Onions (Wash)
- Pears Bosch (BC)
- Peppers Yellow H.H Gold (BC)
- Potatoes Yukon Gold Nugget (BC)
So make sure to head down to this Saturday’s mobile market locations to stock up. We will be at Cedar Cottage at 10:00am to 11:00am, Helping Spirit Lodge from 1:00pm to 2:00pm and Brant Villa at 3:30pm to 4:30pm. Take a look at our mobile market locations for more info on how to find us.
See you this weekend!
*As always, produce lists are subject to change. Thank you for your understanding.